A big part of the energy of Orinoco is the volunteers that make what the charity does possible!
If you’re looking for a worthwhile place to volunteer your time then we’d love you to consider volunteering with us. There’re loads of areas you could offer your skills and energy in the store, inspiring creativity or supporting the running of the organisation. Ready to get in touch? Send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call. We’d really like to find out more about you.
This photo is of Cliff, who volunteers every Saturday in store and renovates our donated garden tools. Here he’s showing off his new tile display.
What could I do to help?
Tasks that we’ll always need volunteer support with include:
- Sorting donations (perfect for craft loving organisers)
- Running ‘how to’ sessions in our new project space (suitable for a confident maker)
- Serving customers in store (great if you’re a people person)
- Bringing expertise in a particular topic (something like carpentry, crafts, DIY or gardening)
- Contacting industrial organisations for donations (for those who like talking corporate)
- Sourcing prize donations for our #theBIGmake challenges (perfect if you like to make cheeky inquiries)
- Blogging about the stuff that our scrap can create ( if you’re a crafter and writer)
- As a trustee of the charity (if you care about well run organisations and like meetings)
If you’re interested in exploring ways in which you could volunteer then why not tell us a bit about yourself? Send us an email, email@example.com, or give us a call. We’d really like to find out more about you.